Self portraits

Self portraits

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Boundaries, part I

The fence began as a method of keeping my husky inside the yard. She could climb and jump the existing 4' fence in less than 20 seconds, starting with the stalking/looking behavior, finding a good spot, and then she'd just climb it and fall like a cat. So I started putting things on the fence to dissuade her; mostly stuff that I'd found in the alleys nearby (and around Hwy 35 and Washington Ave. where I was working at the time).











The fence evolved into a collaboration of friends and fellow artists. Thanks to Rhesa Schwartz, Anne Birch, and Glen Riddle for their tireless hubcap shlepping and sharing of detritus to put on the fence.

1 comment:

Manny Bag said...

Now the main fence is obscured my huge grape view who knew nature was an art critic?