Self portraits

Self portraits

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sculpture Imitates Furniture

Two views of Abu Ghraib Chair, a recent collaboration between Helen Miller http://www.millerupholstering.com and me. I drew the design and had a screen made, and screen printed black ink onto blue velvet; then Helen disabled and upholstered the chair, leaving a 'trail of excess'-ive material flowing out from the seat.

For Abu Ghraib Pillow, I made the fabric on spoonflower, from a drawing in my notebook, and Helen ordered the fabric through that site, and then created the fringed pillow.  I forgot to ask Helen, but I bet it's filled with down. You can see both of these items in her shop Miller Upholstering, on 36 Ave. and E. Lake St. (Minneapolis) thru the end of September. Closing party Friday, September 30, from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.




No comments: